Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Day TV

I feel both upset and disgusted by these people with "hoarding" problems. I mean, these houses are absolutely filthy...like living in a dang junk yard! These people were sleeping on couches and chairs because their beds were covered in crap. The husband and wife hadn't had "relations" in who knows how long?! I personally can't even handle the chaotic shelves in the back of Marshalls..and outside at the Berlin Mart is enough to throw me into a panic attack. Imagine living among mountains of clutter, 50 year-old ceramic fish...and black laquer furniture from the 80's.

The hoarders say that they hang on to the stuff because they are hanging onto the memories. This kind of struck me in a way...we had something in common...me and the hoarders!!! Only it isn't my home that is cluttered with memories...sometimes, it's my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment